This week’s episode opens with an update from me on overwhelm and my quest to create more spaciousness in my business and life while we’re in this season as a family. Overwhelm is a very real challenge for many of the women in my community, and – as you’d expect from me – I’ll always share the real story of what’s happening behind the scenes.
And then – hooray! Another mentee case file episode this week. Bridget Johns is a declutter coach who helps her clients declutter their homes, phones, calendars and minds via her business Be Simply Free. Bridget and I worked together to establish her nascent side hustle as a viable business that she could grow in order to step out of her public service career.
If you’ve got a side hustle you’ve been nurturing, this episode is a must listen for you!
In our chat, Bridget shares:
- A background of her career
- Where her side hustle was at prior to our first session together
- What the tipping point was to up the ante on establishing a viable side hustle
- The key question she asked herself to unlock the motivation to make the changes
- The first steps she took towards making those changes happen
- The factors she took into account when reducing and restructuring her government role
- What her business looks like now
- The biggest learnings she’s had on the journey
- The next horizon she’s working towards
- The advice she wants to pass on to other side hustlers aiming to do what she has done
- Her biggest declutter tip (it’s a good ‘un!)
To find out more about Bridget and Be Simply Free, go to her website: besimplyfree.com.au and find her on Instagram: @be.simplyfree.