Last year, I read a book that I know will game change my business. The book is Profit First by Mike Michalowicz, and in it, he steps through a super simple, super effective plan to ensure that readers actually realise profit from their businesses… by safeguarding themselves from their own worst habits (yes, I know them all as I’ve done them all!).
After the success of the book, Mike created Profit First Professionals – a certification program for finance professionals and business advisers. This week, I’m talking to Laura Elkaslassy, CEO of Profit First Professionals ANZ. Laura is a bona fide finance guru who leads multiple businesses – and has experienced the magic of Profit First for years in her own businesses. I’m in the early days of implementing the structure in my own business, and I couldn’t wait to share the ideas with you.
In our conversation we cover:
- An overview of what Profit First is – and why it can be so impactful
- A seriously inspiring case study of someone she’s seen implement it
- How Profit First has helped her in her own business
- The first step business owners can take towards introducing Profit First in their business
- Whether or not there’s a “good time” to implement the methodology
- Whether or not start-ups should think about doing it from day 1
- How to shift out of the paralysis that often comes from financial overwhelm (I know, I’ve been there myself)
- How the principles are just as powerful for personal finances as they are for business
Laura has also kindly shared the following resources:
Free resources – profitfirstaustralia.com.au/resources
Buy the book – profitfirstaustralia.com.au/profit-first-book
Profit First FAQs – profitfirstaustralia.com.au/frequently-asked-questions
Profit First video book – https://litvideobooks.com/profit