This week’s episode is a vitally important one.
I’ve talked a lot about my own mindset challenges over this season, and something that is instrumental for me to be the upbeat, focused and positive person I know I can be is the support of my psychologist.
For this season on mindset, I wanted to have a D&M chat with an expert psychologist who really understands the demographic of the audience of this show. Dr. Libby Quinn, aka The Women’s Psychologist, who has a psychology practice devoted specifically to women.
In myself and Libby’s chat, cover:
- Why women can need therapy more than men
- The three steps she guides her clients on to help boost their mindset
- The reason that a journalling practice works and how it can help counteract stress
- The early warning signs that we should be getting psychological help… soon
- How to know if we are – or are not – coping ok with a curve ball or major life event
- The surprisingly common problem of adjustment disorder, and how therapy can help
- The concept of matresence (every mother needs to know this!)
- The importance of the female village, and how a lack of it contributes to mental health issues
- Loneliness and how it impacts our mindset
- Her (and my) advice on how to find a great psychologist
You can find Libby via her website or on Instagram: @thewomenspsychologist.
Remember that Step Into You starts today – jump over here to join in the fun: https://lorrainemurphy.com.au/step-into-you/