This season on the show is all about Chicken Soup Conversations – D&Ms with my “anchors”, those who have seen me through some big chapters in my life and whom I’ve built a rich tapestry of shared experience with.
My intent is to welcome you into our conversation each week as we share memories, funny stories and life lessons together… and no doubt give you a much more “rounded” perspective on who I am!
This week’s Chicken Soup Conversation is with my husband, Wade Tink.
I’m pretty sure my audience loves him more than me, so I’m excited to have him back on the show again. He is most definitely the biggest anchor in my life too and we had a really special chat reflecting on our life together to date.
In our chat, we talk about:
- His early life and the traumatic event at 13 that changed the course of his life
- The pretty fateful – and funny – story of how we met, and our immediate first impressions of each other
- How Wade has a different attitude to his exes than any boyfriend I’d had before
- His story of how he managed to move from army officer to investment banker (hint: it’s pretty much how he pursued me!)
- The (unintentional) way I messed up his first attempt to propose
- The behind the scenes details of how we pulled off our surprise wedding
- His perspective on my long labour (3.5 days – you’re welcome Lexi) and her birth
- How Wade supported me through losing a baby last year, and what I think is one of the most important ways a partner can help in those times
- The greatest thing we’ve taught each other… and the two things we want to learn together
I really loved this chat with him, and hope you enjoy it too.
In exciting business news for me, The LM Love Club is well and truly off. This is our chance to take our podcast romance to the next level, and connect in a deeper way with a beautiful tribe of like-minded women.
Each month I host a private members-only Masterclass and have a one-on-one mentoring session with one member of the group each month, which is then shared with the rest of the club to learn from. LM Love Club members are connected together in a private online group, and they also get first dibs on new events and programs, as well as a member discount.
The LM Love Club is $59 per month and you can pause or stop your membership anytime.
To find out more, jump over here: https://lorrainemurphy.com.au/product/lm-love-club/