This season on the show is all about Chicken Soup Conversations – D&Ms with my “anchors”, those who have seen me through some big chapters in my life and whom I’ve built a rich tapestry of shared experience with.
My intent is to welcome you into our conversation each week as we share memories, funny stories and life lessons together… and no doubt give you a much more “rounded” perspective on who I am!
This week’s Chicken Soup Conversation is with my sister Jenny Murphy. She’s 3.5 years younger than me, however our dynamic is more like she’s the sensible older sister.
She overcame dyslexia as a young child and went on to study across three countries and become a (pretty awesome IMO) teacher. She’s married to her brilliant husband Blaine and is a mum to toddler Fiadh… and at the time of recording this she was 25 weeks’ pregnant with their second baby.
This is my very first time interviewing a family member, so I was in equal parts nervous and excited about this episode!
In our chat, we talk about:
- The childhood we experienced together
- Our description of each other as kids (hers is bang-on for me!)
- Her experience of dyslexia, how she overcame it to become a teacher herself, and the lessons she took from it
- Our favourite memories from our three big trips together – to Malaysia, Russia and a Texan cattle ranch
- Why food is such an important (ok, vital) part of both our lives
- The reason both of us value productivity so highly
- How my approach to birth influenced hers, and how she surprised me with a brand new niece
- How (in a way) we are as alike as we are different
- The greatest things we’ve taught each other
- What life in Iso Ireland is like
I’m so honoured I get to share my amazing sister with you this week, and I hope you enjoy our chat.
I’m at the drawing board now planning the next season of the show and I would LOVE to get your input. I’ve created this super easy (and quick!) survey and would be super appreciative if you could give me your two cents worth AND be in the running to win a spot on my brand new program that’s launching this month.
Just click here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LMShowMay20