This season of the show is all about LM Life Lessons: the greatest lessons I’ve learned (and continue to learn) and the lessons I share most with my mentees, event attendees and online program participants.
My special guest this week is Dr. Kristy Goodwin – an author, speaker AND guest trainer on my upcoming Create Academy program.
Creating some proactive strategies for how I interact with technology and social media has been a critical part of my growth over the years – and my ability to create and iterate as much as I do… and I’m learning that it needs to be a constantly-evolving practice.
I’m excited to tap into Kristy’s expertise on this topic, as I see her as the leading thoughtleader on digital wellbeing and she ALWAYS teaches me something when I speak to her!
In our chat, we cover:
- What she sees as our Digital Dilemma (aka the love/hate relationship may of us have with tech)
- What “infobesity” is and what impact is has on our lives, mental health and productivity
- Why you shouldn’t send sensitive emails at night-time
- How she believes attention management is the critical skill we all need to working on
- Simple changes we can make to the set-up of our phones to minimise unfocused time on them
- How creating more friction with our tech is a key step to maintaining our own boundaries
- The link between tech and our own creativity
- A peek at what she’ll be sharing with Create Academy students
You can find Kristy at drkristygoodwin.com, on Instagram as @drkristy and on Facebook>
Create Academy enrolments are open right now – term starts on Friday 12th June. If you’re keen to live a more creative life, this one is for you! You can find out all the details here: https://lorrainemurphy.com.au/create-academy/.
Links from this episode:
Forest app – forestapp.cc
Rescue time app – rescuetime.com
Article on setting up your phone – https://betterhumans.coach.me/how-to-set-up-your-iphone-for-productivity-focus-and-your-own-longevity-bb27a68cc3d8