This season of the show is all about LM Life Lessons: the greatest lessons I’ve learned (and continue to learn) and the lessons I share most with my mentees, event attendees and online program participants.
This bonus episode is a little different, as it’s a recording of a live Masterclass I hosted last week.
Diving into my own ability to create has been totally transformational to me, and has taken me places and sent opportunities my way that I would never have had if I didn’t back myself to create.
In the last five years, I’ve published three books, started my second business, created this here podcast that’s about to hit 50,000 downloads in just 10 months and designed ten different online programs and products.
These creations have not come easily. At most turns, I’ve had to overcome one or multiple creative blocks – and the five most common of these blocks are the subject of this week’s LM Life Lesson.
During this Masterclass I share:
- Why I believe lack of time is not a creative block, but an excuse
- What a creative flow state is, and how to get there
- How fear gets in the way of most creative projects being born (seriously, this breaks my heart)
- My own experiences with self-doubt and how learning about “resistance” helps me move through them
- The definition of confidence that changed my mindset
- Perfectionism and how we can release our creativity from our iron-clad grip
- What to do when you don’t know where to start with a creative project
- Why I believe original ideas do not exist, and why waiting for an original idea is a fool’s game
- What to focus on instead of originality
Links from this episode:
Create Academy enrolments are closing this Friday 12th June. If you’re keen to live a more creative life, this one is for you! You can find out all the details here: https://lorrainemurphy.com.au/create-academy/.