This season of the show is all about LM Life Lessons: the greatest lessons I’ve learned (and continue to learn) and the lessons I share most with my mentees, event attendees and online program participants.
Tapping into the guidance and care of trusted mentors over the years has provided me with many shortcuts, averted disasters and graced me with much emotional support.
However, mentors don’t just drop into our laps!
In this episode, I explain why getting a mentor has been so helpful to me, and pass on the tips and insights that have enabled me to get access to truly brilliant people… and ensure it’s a mutually rewarding experience for both mentor and mentee.
In this episode I share:
- What a mentor actually is
- The difference between a coach and a mentor
- Why mentors don’t necessarily need to know you exist (yes, really!)
- Why you should never, EVER ask someone to be your mentor
- How to interact with a mentor to maintain and grow your relationship with them
- What’s in mentoring for the mentor (in the instance of unpaid mentoring)
- Why we should aim to have more than one mentor
- The importance of peer-to-peer mentoring, and the reason it works so well
If you’d like to learn more about my mentoring offer, just jump over here: https://lorrainemurphy.com.au/work-with-me/mentoring/
Thank you for tuning into the show!