I know from chatting to my community that the overwhelm is real right now, so helping you to get organised is my BIG focus for the next couple of months, including for this season of the show!
This is the last of three one-on-one mentoring sessions I recorded with members of my LM Love Club.
In each of these episodes, you get to listen in as I work through an organisational block my mentee has and pick up nuggets that you can apply in your life too.
This week’s session is with Caitlin Casey from Melbourne, a freelance graphic designer who is working on launching her first podcast and has an idea for a new business.
Caitlin was in lockdown when we recorded this session, and was struggling with finding focus for her work while also navigating a lot of uncertainty around childcare and working around her husband’s work hours.
Her organisational block is feeling like she’s constantly in reactive mode, and not able to get ahead on her to do list.
She is jumping from project to project, procrastinating on the tasks that don’t excite her and feeling like she’s getting nowhere fast on anything.
In our session, we talk about:
- Why it’s critical that we balance uncertainty by intentionally creating certainty in our lives
- How knowing the tasks that light us up can help us leverage our own productivity
- Why batching is the key to maintaining multiple focuses
- Understanding our personal chronotype and how to make it work for us
- Why out of sight/out of mind is the only way to go while trying to work with a toddler in the house!
- The power of getting clear with our partners on what we need in order to focus
- Martyr Syndrome and how it holds many women back from GSD
To find out more about Caitlin, go to https://www.paradisehunter.com.au
I also announce in this episode the launch of my brand new Get Remarkably Organised Program – AKA 8 weeks to get your shit together!
You can find out more right here: https://lorrainemurphy.com.au/getremarkablyorganised
Oh, and if you’d like to learn more about The LM Life Club, hop over here: https://lorrainemurphy.com.au/the-lm-love-club
Thanks so much for listening!