For Season 8 of the podcast, I’m focusing on one of my greatest passions: business!
I’ve had my own business since 2012 and entrepreneurship is a pursuit I devote a tonne of time, energy and focus to – whether it’s growing my own business, or mentoring others in theirs. In this season, I’ll be taking you behind the scenes in my business – as well as interviewing business owners I respect enormously.
This week is the Q&A episode – hooray!
Listeners came through with the goods with some brilliant questions, and I loved the opportunity to pass on my hard-earned lessons to you this week.
In this episode I share:
- The #1 area I’d be focusing on if I was starting a side hustle
- How to make maximum use of your maternity leave if you’re starting a business during it
- How to set a sustainable pace for growing your side hustle or business (and why I think balance is unrealistic)
- Starting a business with no team and no money – and what I’d be doing if I was in that position
- My top tips for hiring a VA for the first time
- Whether I think growing an email list or social media following is more important in the early days
- Who to talk to when starting a business, and in what order (e.g: lawyer and accountant)
- How I decide what programs/books/events to create next
- My golden rules for establishing if an idea or business is viable
- The tool I’ve used for years to decide how I need to start or grow a team
Some of the things I mention in this episode are:
To access all of the free resources I mention in this episode, go here: https://lorrainemurphy.com.au/resources/
To buy my first book Remarkability, go here: https://lorrainemurphy.com.au/product/remarkability-book/
To learn more about one-on-one mentoring with me, go here: https://lorrainemurphy.com.au/work-with-me/mentoring/
To download my To Do List template and tutorial, go here: https://lorrainemurphy.com.au/to-do-list/