For Season 8 of the podcast, I’m focusing on one of my greatest passions: business!
I’ve had my own business since 2012 and entrepreneurship is a pursuit I devote a tonne of time, energy and focus to – whether it’s growing my own business, or mentoring others in theirs. In this season, I’ll be taking you behind the scenes in my business – as well as interviewing business owners I respect enormously.
I’m very excited to share this week’s episode, as in it I share the biggest lessons I’ve had when it comes to THE most important function of any business… Sales!
Sales are the lifeblood of any business – there is no business problem that making more money won’t make go away. But it’s also the area that holds the most fear for most entrepreneurs.
When I started my first business in 2012, I had zero sales experience – so had to put myself on a rapid learning curve if I was to make it a success. Thankfully, the learning and practising paid off and the business ended up turning over multi-millions of dollars a year.
Sales is one of the areas I coach my mentees most on, and in this episode I share:
- Why you must educate yourself on how to sell
- The book that totally changed the game for me when it came to revenue generation
- Why educating your customers is critical… and when to know not to bother
- The Hunter, The Farmer and The Hunter/Farmer (this is something I always teach my mentees!)
- How a blend of flexibility and persistence resulted in $100k of new revenue for me
- The biggest mistake I see entrepreneurs making when it comes to sales
- The simply weekly ritual that can boost your revenue – with minimal effort from you
- Why reviewing your pricing can be better than finding new customers
I also do a call-out this week for interest in a business accelerator I’m exploring. Hit this link to be on the list to hear about it: https://lorrainemurphy.com.au/business-accelerators-roi/