For Season 8 of the podcast, I’m focusing on one of my greatest passions: business!
I’ve had my own business since 2012 and entrepreneurship is a pursuit I devote a tonne of time, energy and focus to – whether it’s growing my own business, or mentoring others in theirs. In this season, I’m taking you behind the scenes in my business – as well as interviewing business owners I respect enormously.
I’m pretty sad that this season has come to an end this week – I have LOVED creating these episodes for you! For the season finale, I’m debriefing on the weird AF business year that was 2020. And to do that, I’m bringing back one of my most popular guests – Michelle Broadbent.
Michelle is a small business strategist who worked very closely with me in the first two years of this, my second business. She’s a guru when it comes to all thing business planning and implementation, and she shares some big insights in this episode.
In this lively chat, we cover:
- How the 2020 business year was for Michelle’s business
- The devastation each of us supported our clients through this year… and the surprising trend we’ve seen in those same clients this year!
- How our business relationship changed – in a big way – this year
- How she overcame her blocks around building her personal brand in 2020, and how I’ve seen that transformation in her
- The general vibe that we’re each feeling this month (December) in the business world
- The signs of recovery that she’s seeing with her clients
- What each of us see as the growing pains small businesses experience as they scale up
- The negative loop that keeps female business owners from hiring to scale
- The toxic pattern we have both observed a LOT this year, and the reason it’s happened
- And – exciting!!! – a sneak peek at the accelerator collaboration we’re bringing your way next year…
Register your name here to be first to hear about the 2021 business accelerators myself and Michelle are creating: lorrainemurphy.com.au/business-accelerators-roi
Find out about my Power Quarter Mentoring here: lorrainemurphy.com.au/work-with-me/mentoring