This season is the Step Into You Season – it’s allllll about helping you step into the person you want to be.
All of us – at one point or another – have periods of feeling a bit flat, disconnected from ourselves and burnt-out. My intention with this season is to help you move from a “low-res” version of yourself to the full-blown, glorious Technicolor version of you. Each week, I’ll be exploring a different life area to help you upgrade your life.
My Step Into You Program is closing soon! Sometimes we need something to snap ourselves out of our rut, to shake off the dust, to raise our vibration to one of focus, abundance and – most of all – possibility.
This is EXACTLY why I created my Step Into You program: to move you from a faded, tired, low-res version of yourself to your full Technicolour dazzling glory.
Over six weeks, I’ve broken down the very best bits of my one-on-one mentoring to create a six-week program that delivers the goods… and then some. Find out more here; https://lorrainemurphy.com.au/step-into-you-program/. Doors close on Monday 15th February.
Onto my guest this week…
My husband Wade and I began working with relationship therapist Dr. Robert Maciver in mid-2020. After our first Zoom session with him, we were both stunned at how much progress we had made in connecting together more, and understanding each other better.
We have both learned so much from Robert, and I talked about our work with him a little in my How I Stepped Into My Sexuality episode recently. So I was thrilled when he agreed to be interviewed for the show.
In our conversation, Robert shares:
- The different modalities of relationship therapy that he works with
- How our childhoods influence our patterns later on in life in romantic relationships
- How to know if we need to see a relationship therapist… and how to find a good one!
- His advice if one of you wants couples’ therapy but the other doesn’t
- The top 3 issues that the couples who come to see him are experiencing
- The vital importance of eye contact in a romantic relationship
- How men and women’s brains are wired differently – this changed EVERYTHING for me!
- How – for a woman in a relationship – her benchmark for success in her life is how happy her relationship is
I know that Robert’s insights will be a gamechanger for many of you, and I’m so grateful to him for being on the show. You can find Robert at www.lovingrelationships.com.au.
Resources we mention in this episode:
Harville Hendrix’s book is called Getting The Love You Want.
The two relationship modalities that Robert mentions are Pact and Imago therapy.
The Dan Berger summary of men vs. women’s brains is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntk1Tl7dscI