Hooray! Another mentee case file episode this week.
Today I’m sharing a conversation with Alexis Sennitt. For 18 years, Alexis has nurtured a passion for interior design, however she chose the corporate path instead – becoming a senior marketer in the FMCG sector.
However her love of design kept calling, and we worked together earlier this year to design a strategy for her to transition onto a path to her purpose: to become an interior designer.
In this chat, we cover:
- Her “crossroads” experience and why she chose marketing over design after uni
- The breaking point last year in deciding she needed to leave corporate
- How we broke down her goal into an actionable plan
- What her biggest blocks to making the big move were
- How fear of failure was holding her back (and my reframe on failure!)
- The small initial steps she completed to gain momentum and confidence
- The build-up to handing in her notice… and how it went
- Communicating her change of direction to the people around her
- Embarking on her first job hunt in several years, and how digital networked helped her towards her path
- Her biggest learnings from the experience, and how she feels now she’s on her path of purpose
- What she would say to others who want to make a big change in their career
You can find Alexis on Instagram at @lightas3. And to enquire about mentoring with me, visit: lorrainemurphy.com.au/work-with-me/mentoring.